Terms and conditions for Individuals and Group camping bookings:
Bookings and payments
- Bookings for individuals or groups require a deposit payment equivalent to 50% of the full booking value, refundable up until 30 days before arrival.
- The balance of the total booking cost is payable on arrival.
- Confirmation of the booking will be given upon receipt of the deposit.
- Christmas and New Year is reserved for exclusive use bookings of the bunk-barn.
- Bookings at premium times may require payment in full at time of booking.
- Campers will be sharing bathroom and washing up facilities with Bunk-barn users,
- We do not provide holiday cancellation insurance; we strongly recommend that you take out your own holiday insurance cover.
- 30 days’ notice of cancellation is required. If this is given then the deposit of 50% of the value of the booking will be refunded.
- If 30 days notice of cancellation is not received then the deposit of 50% of the value of the stay will not be refunded
Cancellation by ourselves
In the unlikely event that the campsite becomes unavailable due to reasons beyond our control we will endeavour to recommend alternative camping providers. Should this not meet your approval or not be possible we will refund all monies paid. We shall not be under any other liability.
Acceptance of Bookings
The booking is accepted only on the understanding that no more than the number of people declared on the booking shall stay. We reserve the right to refuse or curtail any booking where it subsequently transpires that information has been withheld from us either by numbers in the party or its composition.
We reserve the right to decline to accept a booking, or refuse to admit to the campsite any person or group where, in our opinion, the facilities are not suitable for the hirer or any member of the hirer’s party, without liability on either side. In such cases we shall not be liable to make any refund of any portion of the hire fee paid.
For health and safety upon arrival, the number of guests camping must be confirmed. If the number is to change (i.e. increase/decrease) during the stay we must be informed as soon as practicably possible.
You will be shown around the site upon arrival and made aware of health and safety and fire procedures.
Camping guests responsibilities are to:
- Be responsible for the good conduct of their group or themselves.
- Be responsible for ensuring the safety of all group members, other guests, residents or otherwise.
- Be responsible for making yourself aware of fire procedures.
- Ensure that all passageways are kept clear and fire doors are left unobstructed.
- Inform the proprietor immediately should there be any power or equipment failure.
- Notify the proprietor of any breakages as soon as is reasonably practical after they have occurred.
- Use the kitchen in the bunk-barn for washing up and access to the bathrooms only. Use of the hob and fridge in the bunk-barn is not allowed for campers. Outside tables and an undercover area are provided for campers to use for recreation and food preparation. A fridge can be provided for campers at a charge of £5 per day (£25 per week) and should be requested at time of booking.
- If the Bunk-Barn is not in use arrangements can be made for use of the kitchen at £10 per day (£50 per week)
- The use of gas stoves in the kitchen is not permitted and anybody persistently using one will be asked to leave.
- Notify any damage or breakages. These must be paid for in terms of cleaning, repairs or replacement.
- Ensure that the site is left clean and tidy.
- Ensure that all recyclable rubbish is sorted following the instructions given in the kitchen.
- Visitors of camping guests are not allowed to stay overnight, unless agreed with the owners in advance.
Bikes and Bike Storage – (available from 2020)
- Bikes can be stored in a bike storage shed.
- The cycle shed should be locked at all times when unattended. The code for the padlock will be provided on request.
- The owners do not accept liability for loss or damage to any bike left in the bike shed.
- You will be allocated a parking space on arrival. Please ensure you use this space.
- There is no parking on the camping field.
- When parking please ensure that no access and exit points or gates have been blocked.
- Parking should be done in a manner that all vehicles can exit at all times.
- If the Wild Wool Barn and Camping is particularly busy you may be asked to park off-site.
- Those in charge of children and teenagers/youths, please ensure that they must not be allowed to climb any walls, gates or to enter fields.
- Guests should not enter any fields or animal enclosures without express permission.
- Dogs are allowed. Owners must keep them under control at all times.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs.
- Dogs are not allowed to run free in the fields.
- No tents or bed linen is provided.
- No bed-linen or sleeping bags should be brought into the communal areas in the Bunk-house.
There is an outside patio with a BBQ and lake-view BBQ. Charcoal is available to buy on site (£10) This equipment and area must be used safely, responsibly and left clean for future use. A cleaning fee may be charged if this is not done.
No liability is accepted in respect of loss or damage to any group member, their baggage, car or contents, resulting from riot, war, strikes, adverse weather conditions or sickness or injury or for loss or damage by a third party. This does not exclude liability for the actions of employees, agents or subcontractors of us as the site owners.
If, upon arrival you feel that there are reasonable grounds for complaint we must be notified immediately so that, if possible, appropriate action can be taken during your stay. If a reason for complaint should arise during your stay, you must similarly contact us as soon as the problem arises. No complaints will be considered after completion of your stay, unless they were raised when they arose.
Whilst everything will be done within our power to attend to repairs to property, furniture, equipment, facility that may be faulty or fail during your stay, no guarantees will be given and no refunds will be granted should any breakdown occur and not be immediately rectified.
Conduct of individuals and groups
Routen Farm – Wild Wool Barn is in a quiet location and there are other visitors staying in the house adjoining and across the fields (loud noise can travel!).
We therefore ask our hostel guests to:-
- Keep noise levels both outside and inside within reasonable limits. Especially in the evening and after 11pm.
- No open fires in the campsite. Arrangements for use of the field for campfires can be made.
- Ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Keep drinking to a reasonable level.
- The Bunk-barn (where the shared bathroom and washing up facilities are housed) is a strictly no-smoking establishment. Guests wishing to smoke are requested to do so outside disposing of cigarette butts in the sand pots provided. Please note that offending guests may be asked to leave immediately and may be liable for professional cleaning of any rooms and any outstanding balance of nights booked but not taken through early departure.
- Anyone found in possession of or using illegal drugs will be required to leave the premises immediately.
Servicing of the bathrooms and communal areas
The communal areas and bathrooms are serviced on a daily basis, bathrooms cleaned, bins emptied, communal area floors cleaned, fire escape routes checked etc…
- Campers should be packed and ready to leave by 11am.
- Check that all belongings have been collected. We cannot be held responsible for anything left behind.
- Should you wish to leave your luggage or car on the day of departure, please ask as we may be able to assist.
- Kitchens and other public areas should be left clean as found. All cleaning materials and tools are provided for your use.
We cannot accept responsibility for any property left behind at the end of your stay. Whilst we will make every reasonable effort to return lost property this will only be done on receipt of a minimum payment of £10 to cover the cost of packaging and registered post. Any larger items will be charged at the postage rate plus a £5 packaging and handling charge.
All items broken or damaged must be reported to the proprietors as soon as possible.
The proprietors reserve the right to charge for breakages and damage, with a minimum fee of £20 for small items, which will cover replacement costs. Larger items will be charged at replacement or repair costs, plus a £20 administration fee.
Internet Usage Policy
As the philosophy of the Wild Wool Barn and Camping is to provide a back to nature opportunity to get away from it all, and enjoy the unique unspoilt location of the Ennerdale Valley there is no broadband/internet access. Phone signals are patchy and intermittent, O2 and Vodaphone being the most reliable currently (2017). 3 and 4g have been known to be intermittently received outside the perimeter of the property. If you have an emergency we will be happy to assist with the landline in the house, but this is restricted to true emergencies.
Some of the data gathered during the course of a booking may be held on computer. We would like to hold this data after your visit to be able to inform you of future offers. Please in form us if you would like to hear from us after your stay.
Should anyone not observe the above terms and conditions, the proprietors reserve the right to cancel the booked accommodation and retain any monies paid for subsequent nights.
If payment for your stay has been made by debit or credit card then these details will be used for any additional and outstanding charges.
Any legal fees incurred in pursuing payment will be borne by you.
Bookings are accepted on the understanding that the above terms and conditions will be observed in full.
The proprietors reserve the right to change the above terms and conditions without notice.
Wild Wool Barn